Are you ready for summer? Because it’s about to get hot, especially as you train hard for your “hot” summer physique.
I have created the perfect challenge that is appropriate for all fitness levels to get your body summer ready. It’s called, drum roll please… The Total Gym Summer Body Challenge!
This program will not only get you fit for the summer, but it will also help you look and feel your best while you enjoy the seasons warmer weather activities!
HOW THE SUMMER BODY SERIES WORKS
Since we have finally reached the summer season, I invite you to take part in The Total Gym Summer Body Challenge. This is a 4-week series that is designed to shape, tone, sculpt, and develop your muscles for your summer body! So, consider this your fitness summer camp.
For the next four weeks, you will receive:
• 1 new blog and Total Gym workout each week
• 1 new video demonstrating the exercises for the new workouts each week
• Weekly workout schedule to follow
• Calendar of all 4-weeks to plan and keep on track
The workouts will target all major muscle groups in a series of total body workouts. They are designed to progress over 4-weeks and will build upon the previous week’s workout. Therefore, you will have the chance to learn and perfect these routines so you can improve each time you perform them. The more you do these movements, the more your body will develop muscle memory. This is a progressive plan of action and when you feel stronger, you can begin to integrate the advanced exercise options for an extra challenge.
Here’s the 4-week workout schedule at a glance:
• Week 1: Workout 1 || cardio+ stretch+ core sessions
• Week 2: Workouts 1 & 2 || cardio+ stretch+ core
• Week 3: Workout 1, 2, 3 || cardio+ stretch+ core
• Week 4: All workouts combine into 3 new routines; Workout 4A, 4B, 4C || cardio+stretch+core
WEEK 1 || WORKOUT 1
The first week of the challenge starts out with Workout 1, which is a total body strength circuit that consists of 6 exercises. Learn the workout well with good form so you can advance the exercises as the week progresses. Additionally, plan on sweating it out with your favorite cardio, core, and stretching routines to alternate with Workout 1. Examples include power walking, jogging, biking, skating, taking a class or doing a fitness video, and incorporating a few stretches to keep your muscles limber.
Now let’s dive into this week’s workout!
GOAL: Shape, tone, and sculpt your summer body in 4-weeks with the Total Gym Summer Body Challenge.
• Perform your own warm-up for at least 5-minutes to prepare your muscles.
• Perform workouts in circuit format on nonconsecutive days
• Perform each exercise for 15-20 reps / 2-3 sets with little rest between sets
• Incline levels will vary depending on the exercise and your strength. Adjust the incline to accommodate your strength, especially if you need a challenge.
• Modify or advance the exercises by adjusting your body position on the glide board (ex: knees bent vs legs extended, seated vs high kneeling)
• Refer to the weekly workout schedule (take a screen shot, print, or bookmark it for quick reference)
• View the video to see a demonstration of the exercises.
• Stay consistent, dedicated, and focused on your goal.
Accessories: Squat Stand & Glideboard
*The exercises are listed from basic (1), intermediate (2), to advanced options (3)
1. Plank Reaches (1)
• Plank Reach & Push-up (2)
2. Squats & Squat Hops (20 reps) (1)
• Single Leg Squats & SLS Pulses (20 reps / leg) (2)
• Single Leg Squat Hops (20 reps / leg) (3)
3. Side Lying Glute Press (1)
• Single Leg Glute Press + Pulses (2)
• SL Glute Press Hops (3)
4. Decline Pushups
• Kneeling Hands on Squat Stand (1)
• Kneeling Hands on Floor (2)
• Extend Legs (3)
5. Crunch & Extend (1)
• Crunch & Ext +Oblique Twists (2)
6. Back Extension (1)
• 2 Back Extensions + 2 Forearm Hip Dips (2)
Be sure to check out the video to see how Workout 1 is done on your Total Gym.
Stay tuned for Week 2 || Workout 2 of the Total Gym Summer Body Challenge.
Are you ready to crush these next four weeks? Let’s do this.