15 Jun Community Birth Story: A Rapid Home Birth with Maya Kaough
Today we have a community birth story. I love getting to know our community members better. Oftentimes they’re people I’ve had in class, so it’s nice to dive a little bit deeper. I also really appreciate that while the stories are unique there’s still a relatable foundation that we hear birth after birth after birth.
In this episode of Yoga| Birth| Babies, I speak with Maya Kaough, a professional aerial dancer, long time yoga practitioner, health coach, and personal trainer. I was drawn right into her story, she tells it so beautifully. As someone who had a really long birth, I found it interesting to hear Maya talk about her short birth and acceptance of that. Our ideas of how things should be or how we wish they were can carry so much weight. I was struck to hear someone who had the birth I had wished for or expected say that they had hoped for and expected an experience more like the long birth I had. It’s a lovely reminder that we all hold different ideals for our birth experience and that all births require processing and acceptance.
This is a beautiful birth story. I’m really excited for you to hear Maya and Lucas’ story.
In this episode you will learn:
- What led to Maya’s decision for a home birth.
- How Maya prepared for a home birth and her experience finding a home birth midwife in Manhattan.
- What Maya during pregnancy to prepare her mind and body for birth.
- Maya and Lucas’ birth story.
- Postpartum: What has been the biggest reward and what has been the biggest struggle.
- Exploring the postpartum body coming from a dance and movement background.
- One final tip/piece of advice Maya would like to share with new and expectant parents.
Support Our Sponsors:
- Ritual: Turn healthy habits into a ritual. For 10% off your first 3 months go to ritual.com/ybb
- Boober: Looking for a lactation support, birth doulas, mental health therapists, and postpartum doulas. Use the code PYC to get 10% off your first service at www.getboober.com
Maya is a former professional aerial dancer and long-time yoga practitioner. She is an ADAPT-Certified health coach who helps her clients achieve change and growth from a place of self-love, and a personal trainer specializing in mobility, pre- and post-natal strength
Connect with Maya:
- Get the most out of each episode by checking out the show notes with links, resources and other related podcasts at: prenatalyogacenter.com
- Don’t forget to grab your FREE guide, 5 Simple Solutions to the Most Common Pregnancy Pains HERE
- If you love what you’ve been listening to, please leave a rating and review! Yoga| Birth|Babies
To connect with Deb and the PYC Community:
Instagram & Facebook: @prenatalyogacenter
Youtube: Prenatal Yoga Center