One of the most popular breakfast dishes is scrambled eggs, and it just so happens they are a great and quick breakfast option if you’re on a keto diet. By adding some delicious prosciutto to your eggs, you can take them to a new level of deliciousness.
Making this dish is simple. Crack the eggs into a bowl with cream and seasoning and then whip them together. Add to a hot pan with some ghee and butter and mix them around until cooked. Make sure you stir evenly to ensure you end up with nice and fluffy scrambled eggs. You can then serve on a plate with some prosciutto and fresh dill. Easy as that.
Prosciutto is full of flavor, is packed with protein, and contains lots of iron, and B vitamins. For this recipe, we have included using some ghee with butter as it has a higher smoke point, but if you don’t have ghee, you can use some avocado oil instead. If you’d prefer, you can also add other seasonings to your eggs, like garlic powder, paprika, and other herbs and spices.
If you’re looking for a simple breakfast that sets you up for the day ahead, give these keto-friendly prosciutto scrambled eggs a try. We know you’ll love it!
Yields 1 serving of Keto Prosciutto Scrambled Eggs
- 3 large egg
- 2 tablespoon heavy cream
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon ghee
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 slice prosciutto
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill
1. Measure out and prepare all of the ingredients.
2. In a bowl, crack the eggs and discard the shells. Add in the heavy cream and salt. Whisk until well combined.
3. In a frying pan over medium heat, add in the ghee and butter. Then add in the egg mixture.
4. Let sit in pan until the bottom appears to be cooked. Then scramble the eggs up by moving them around in the pan with a spatula.
5. On a plate, lay the prosciutto down then lay the scrambled eggs on top. Fold the prosciutto over the scrambled eggs.
6. Garnish with fresh dill. Serve and enjoy!
This makes a total of 1 serving of Keto Prosciutto Scrambled Eggs. Each serving comes out to be 587 calories, 46.8g fat, 2.2g net carbs, and 37.2g protein.
|3.00 large egg||236||16||1.2||0||1.2||21|
|2.00 tablespoon heavy cream||101||10.7||0.8||0||0.8||0.8|
|0.00 none salt||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|1.00 teaspoon ghee||38||4.3||0||0||0.0||0.0|
|1.00 tablespoon butter||102||11.5||0||0||0||0.1|
|2.00 slice prosciutto||109||4.7||0||0.0||0.2||15.6|
|1.00 teaspoon fresh dill||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Per Serving (/1)||587||46.8||2.2||0||2.2||37.2|