This is one jam packed chicken dinner! This BBQ chicken poppers is stuffed with cream cheese filled jalapeno peppers that is wrapped in chicken that is then encrusted in crispy bacon! Which is then baked with low-carb BBQ sauce.
I served this bacon wrapped stuffed chicken with spinach and sliced red onion to complete this dinner!
Yields 5 servings of Keto BBQ Chicken Poppers
- 15 ounce boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 5 medium jalapeno pepper
- 8 ounce cream cheese
- 10 ounce bacon
- 4 tablespoon low-carb BBQ sauce
- 3 ounce spinach
- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped
1. Measure out and prepare all the ingredients. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Wash the jalapenos and cut them lengthwise. Remove the seeds.
3. Spread the cream cheese inside the jalapeno peppers.
4. Cut a slit in the chicken (not all the way through) to be able to wrap the jalapeno peppers inside the chicken. Be sure to face the jalapeno poppers with the cream cheese facing up.
5. Now wrap the chicken thighs with bacon.
6. Oil a baking pan and set the chicken thighs inside the pan.
7. Using a brush, spread the low-carb BBQ sauce over the chicken. Bake in the oven for about 35 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165F.
8. Serve with spinach and chopped onions. Enjoy!
This makes a total of 5 servings of Keto BBQ Chicken Poppers. Each serving comes out to be 596 calories, 49.6g fat, 4.4g net carbs, and 33.1g protein.
|15.00 ounce boneless, skinless chicken thighs||608||38||0||0||0||72.1|
|5.00 medium jalapeno pepper||22||0.3||4.9||2.1||2.8||0.7|
|8.00 ounce cream cheese||776||77.1||9.3||0||9.3||14|
|10.00 ounce bacon||1511||132.3||0||0||0||75.6|
|4.00 tablespoon low-carb bbq sauce||23||0||4.6||0||4.6||0|
|3.00 ounce spinach||20||0.2||3.2||2||1.2||2.5|
|0.50 medium red onion||21||0||4.8||0.7||4.1||0.6|
|Per Serving (/5)||596||49.6||5.3||1||4.4||33.1|