Have you developed red, scaly patches on your skin? Is itching or burning in the red skin patches affecting your quality of life? If you replied affirmatively, you might be suffering from psoriasis. Psoriasis is an immune-mediated chronic skin condition that causes a rapid build-up of skin cells. You develop whitish-silver scales in thick red skin patches, which may make you experience social embarrassment when psoriasis affects your exposed skin areas. The itching or burning in the skin patches can make you feel more uncomfortable. While you may resort to topical applications and conventional oral medications, you may experience their side effects over time. Fortunately, psoriasis management with customised psoriasis treatment diet, homeopathy, and Ayurveda can help you manage the skin condition naturally without any side effects. Let’s have a look at how to manage the skin condition naturally by following a healthcare plan with lifestyle modifications and a psoriasis diet.
- Follow Anti-inflammatory Diet:A diet rich in fresh vegetables and fruits, omega-3 fatty acids, and whole grains is an ideal healthy diet offering anti-inflammatory benefits for managing psoriasis. The antioxidant content in fruits and other plant-based food sources is effective in reducing the risk of chronic inflammatory conditions, such as psoriasis. So, including foods rich in antioxidants in your psoriasis diet chartcan help reduce the flare-ups of the skin condition. Add to your diet foods such as cold-water fish containing omega-3 fatty oils, fresh colourful vegetables and fruits, and plant-based sources of omega-3 fatty acids, such as walnuts, olive oil, flaxseeds, and pumpkin seeds.
- Go Gluten-Free:In gluten-sensitive individuals, eating foods containing gluten can trigger unpleasant symptoms of psoriasis. So, following a gluten-free diet can be anatural treatment for psoriasis. For managing the skin condition, make sure that your diet does not contain wheat, barley, and rye, as these contain gluten which can trigger psoriasis flare-ups.
- Say No to Alcohol:The intake of alcohol dilates your blood vessels and dehydrate your skin. Having alcohol worsens your psoriasis symptoms. So, it is wise to stay away from alcohol when following a psoriasis treatment diet.
- Limit Sugar:Avoid adding a lot of sugar to your diet, as sugar may worsen psoriasis symptoms. Sweetened beverages, processed foods, and sugary desserts are foods to avoid when following a psoriasis treatment diet. You should also avoid sugary fruit juices to prevent frequent flare-ups.
- Adopt Detox Diet:Following the detox diet is another effective healthy way to manage psoriasis symptoms. The detox diet has no red meat, sugar, alcohol, gluten, and dairy products, as these foods happen to worsen the chronic skin condition. Preservatives and chemical additives in processed foods may increase your skin sensitivity, cause skin irritation, and may worsen your psoriasis symptoms. So, choose a detox diet to manage psoriasis.
- Stop Smoking:Smoking is another prominent trigger of psoriasis. Heavy smoking is not only harmful to your lungs and health, but it also puts you at risk of developing psoriasis symptoms. Psoriasis patients may experience worsening of their symptoms due to smoking. To enjoy good health and prevent the risk or flare-ups of psoriasis, stop smoking.
- Manage Your Weight:Obese and overweight individuals are at higher risk of experiencing psoriasis flare-ups and worsening of the symptoms. This is believed to happen because the fat cells in obese individuals produce certain proteins that trigger inflammation in the body and aggravate the skin condition. Psoriasis managementwith an appropriate diet under the guidance of certified nutritionists can help reduce your fats and attain a healthy weight. So, limit your intake of carbohydrates and fats, eat smaller portions, and do exercise regularly to stay in shape and have healthy skin.
- Resort to Homeopathy for Psoriasis: Although it’s an alternative system of medicine, homeopathy is quite effective in offering you relief from psoriasis. Homeopathic medicines are prepared from natural sources, so they do not cause any side effects. The homeopathic treatment approach considers not only the physical symptoms of psoriasis but also the patient’s psychological generals, medical history, family’s medical history, the underlying health condition, and other factors to offer a constitutional medicine for the best outcomes. Psoriasis treatment with homeopathynot just addresses and corrects the root cause of the skin condition so it offers long-lasting relief. Homeopathy promotes gentle and self-healing, so it’s one of the best natural treatments for psoriasis.
- Count on Ayuvedic Solutions:Ayurveda is an ancient medical science that offers natural treatment for psoriasis. It involves plant-based medicines and dietary modifications that detox your body, nourish you, and promote natural healing for sustainable outcomes. So, resort to Ayurveda to manage psoriasis effectively and naturally.
- Follow Psoriasis Prevention Measures To Avoid Flare-ups:
While you follow the customized psoriasis diet chart and homeopathic and Ayurvedic solutions to obtain relief from the skin condition, you should also follow certain helpful tips to manage psoriasis. Here’s a list of easy yet effective tips to avoid flare-ups.
- Avoid scrapes, bumps, cuts, and skin infections to avoid Koebner’s phenomenon causing psoriasis flare-ups
- Moisturize your skin
- Do not pick at the skin patches. Trim your nails.
- Care for your scalp.
- Avoid cold and dry weather as it can worsen the symptoms.
- Soak up some fresh sunlight, but avoid the risk of sunburn
- Manage Stress:Practice relaxation techniques, such as yoga and meditation, to reduce your stress.
- Stay Active:Do physical activities, such as brisk walks, workouts in the gymnasium, or yoga, daily to stay fit. Regular physical exercises help you maintain a healthy weight and prevent obesity, a trigger of psoriasis.
If you are suffering from psoriasis and wish to manage the skin condition naturally, consult expert nutritionists, such as health experts at Health Total, to receive an integrated psoriasis treatment comprising customised diet, homeopathy, and Ayurveda. Such an integrated approach offers you the best natural treatment for psoriasis that helps you heal naturally and enjoy sustainable outcomes. So, waste no time, reach out to us at Health Total online or over a call on 9650684061 and flaunt healthy, radiant skin with our personalized plan for psoriasis management.