How Ayurveda Can Help You Keep Your Blood Pressure Levels in Check?
Ayurveda is an ancient Indian science of medicine that provides natural solutions with herbs and diet modifications for treating a range of disease conditions. While your doctor may prescribe high blood pressure medication, Ayurvedic treatment for hypertension can stabilise blood pressure, minimize the risk of cardiovascular conditions, and help you have a healthy heart naturally. Here’s a quick rundown of Ayurvedic solutions for high blood pressure treatment.
Stress is one of the prominent causes of elevated blood pressure levels. Ashwagandha, which is also famous as Indian Ginseng, contain abundant adaptogens that help your body cope with anxiety and stress. This Ayurvedic herb also offers a calming effect on your mind. Additionally, it also increases your immunity. All you need to do is mix a couple of tablespoons of powder of Ashwagandha in a glass of water and drink it in the morning on an empty stomach. You may even add it in a small quantity to your evening tea. Ashwagandha not just helps reduce your blood pressure levels but also aids in managing blood sugar levels in diabetic individuals.
The powder of the bark of the medicinal Arjuna herb is known for its anti-hypertensive properties. So, it helps reduce blood pressure in hypertensive patients. The bark powder of Arjuna minimizes the accumulation of plaque on the inner side of the blood vessels, strengthens your heart muscles, and promotes healthy heart functions. Under the guidance of health experts, simply have the powdered herb with water in the morning daily when following high blood pressure diet plan and experience the amazing results.
The common cooking ingredient always available in our kitchen – garlic is one of the effective Ayurvedic solutions to treat hypertension naturally. It possesses medicinal properties which not only reduce your blood pressure levels but also alleviate your cholesterol levels. Garlic is known for being a natural blood thinner. All you need to do is eat a raw clove of fresh garlic in the morning to manage high blood pressure. You can also add garlic to your cooking preparations.
Triphala powder can work wonders in managing high blood pressure. By having a couple of tablespoons of this Ayurvedic powder in the morning day, you can maintain normal levels of blood pressure. It also reduces the accumulation of plaque in the arteries and alleviates cholesterol levels. Triphala also offers anti-inflammatory benefits that help further minimize the strain on your blood vessels.
Indian Gooseberry, which is widely famous as Amla, is one of the most effective Ayurvedic medicines to lower blood pressure in hypertensive patients. The consumption of Amla widens the blood vessels, mitigates the blood cholesterol levels, and improves heart health. All you need to do is have some juice of fresh Amla on an empty stomach every morning and keep your blood pressure in check. Also, you can add a tablespoon of honey to the fresh amla juice and have it or eat pieces of raw amla with black salt.
Packed with anti-oxidants, Jatamansi is a great Ayurvedic herb offering a natural high blood pressure treatment. It safeguards arteries from the damage resulting due to free radicals and prevents plaque accumulation in the blood vessels. You can have this beneficial herb like Triphala in the morning and reduce your blood pressure levels.
One of the most favourite post-meal mouth fresheners in India is Ajwain, which is also a great solution to manage your high blood pressure. It plays a great role in inhibiting the function and production of stress hormones, which are responsible for the shrinking of blood vessels and increasing blood pressure levels. Simply have a pinch of Ajwain after having your daily meals. It also helps promote smooth digestion.
8 Gotu Kola:
Another effective high blood pressure treatment in Ayurveda is Gotu kola. When this bitter herb is consumed in small quantities, it helps improve your blood circulation and reduces blood pressure and swelling. It also helps boost the production of collagen in your body.
8 Ayurvedic Diet Tips for Managing Hypertension:
Here’s a list of some easy yet effective ways to lower high blood pressure naturally.
- Boost your intake of fresh fruits and vegetables by adding spinach, carrot, beetroot, peas, radish, beans, banana, apricots, dates, strawberries, guava, and many more to your high blood pressure diet plan. Potassium content in these natural foods is effective in counteracting the harmful effects of sodium that cause hypertension. You can also savour raw or boiled vegetables and soups. And, make it a point to have your dinner a minimum of three hours before you go to bed.
- Reduce your intake of salt when trying to manage your blood pressure levels. Sodium content in salt is responsible for increasing the contractility of your blood vessels, so restrict your intake of salt.
- When following a high blood pressure diet, avoid fried, spicy, refined, and processed foods. Also, avoid soft drinks, coffee, and tea. You can go for herbal tea, such as green tea.
- Choose to have moong daal soup when following high blood pressure treatment. You may add some cumin, fresh cilantro, and a little turmeric to it.
- You can have a couple of teaspoons of honey with warm water after getting up every morning. It is effective in relaxing your blood vessels’ walls and lowering your blood pressure levels.
- Adding juices of fresh fruits, namely pomegranates, peach, orange, and cranberry, to your high blood pressure diet can help manage high blood pressure.
- Drink coconut water to reduce your blood pressure levels. Being a great source of potassium, this healthy fluid is beneficial for hypertensive patients.
- Avoid alcohol and quit smoking.