I love making my own muddled margaritas featuring farm-fresh, lusciously ripe fruit. Mangos are among my favorite ingredients, especially considering that they are part of the traditional foodways in Mexico, where this flavorful alcoholic drink originates. I can get local mangos in my bioregion of California, too. There’s just nothing like a hand-crafted margarita. The main benefit is that you can skip all of those sugar-sweet, fake-tasting margarita mixes, and make up your own with a few whole ingredients. In this muddled Mango Lemon Margarita, I include just 4 ingredients: fresh mangos and lemons, agave syrup, and silver tequila—plus, ice cubes. That’s it. When you muddle the mangos, you leave some of that delicious texture intact, vs blending them up in the blender into a sort of smoothie cocktail.
I love to use my Mason jar cocktail shaker to mix up this margarita, then pour it into glassed with a cinnamon sugar rim, but this is an optional step. Make up a pitcher of these fruit drinks at your next party. Cheers!
This muddled Mango Lemon Margarita has just 4 ingredients: fresh mangos and lemons, agave syrup, and silver tequila—plus, ice cubes.
- 1 cup chopped, fresh, mangos (must be ripe and soft)
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons agave syrup
- ½ cup silver tequila
- Ice cubes
Cinnamon Sugar Rim (optional):
- Place sliced mangos in a cocktail shaker container or pitcher.
- Muddle with a muddler or masher to mash the fruit, but do not liquify it.
- Add lemon juice, agave syrup, and silver tequila.
- Shake or mix well.
- If desired, rim the glasses with cinnamon sugar. Run a sliced lemon along the edge of the glass to moisten it. Mix the sugar and cinnamon together in a small dish. Dip the rim of the glasses in the mixture and allow to dry for a few minutes.
- Fill the glasses with ice cubes and add the margaritas to the glasses. This recipe makes two large servings (about 1 ¼ cups each) or 4 small servings (about 2/3 cup each).
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Beverage
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 small serving
- Calories: 160
- Sugar: 20 g
- Sodium: 2 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 25 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 1 g
Keywords: alcoholic beverage, margarita, best margarita recipe
For other lighter cocktail recipes check out some of my favorites:
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information click here.