If you’re looking for a zesty, festive way to boost your hummus routine, look to dried cranberries, jalapeño, lime, and cilantro to do the trick! Just whiz up your standard hummus ingredients—chickpeas, tahini, garlic, and olive oil—and then toss in those colorful, flavorful additions and keep on blending. You’ll be rewarded with a subtly sweet-tart flavor, pretty soft red color, and mild herbal-spice bite that can transform your hummus from boring to fabulous. I love this recipe for picnics, party appetizers, and holidays. This completely plant-based (vegan), gluten-free Cranberry Jalapeno Hummus is yummy as a dip or spread for veggie-burgers, sandwiches, veggie-balls, and lentil patties, too. Best of all, most of these ingredients are shelf-stable, so you can keep them on hand to whip up a fabulous hummus in just 12 minutes. It’s that easy, and that healthy too! Filled with protein, healthy fats, antioxidant compounds, and fiber, it’s your go-to dip for good flavor and health.
This easy, festive Cranberry Jalapeno Hummus is infused with a touch of dried cranberries, jalapeño, lime, and cilantro, producing a colorful, delicious, healthy hummus that is also gluten-free and vegan.
- Drain chickpeas, reserving liquid (an average can contains about 1/2 cup of liquid).
- Place dried cranberries in a small dish and add lime juice and 2 tablespoons of reserved chickpea liquid (reserve remaining liquid for later, if needed). Stir well and set aside for 30 minutes to soften berries.
- Place drained chickpeas in the container of a food processor or blender. Add softened cranberries with liquid, tahini, garlic, jalapeno pepper, and smoked paprika to the bender.
- Process mixture for about 3 minutes, slowly adding olive oil and reserved chickpea liquid if needed, 1 tablespoon at a time, until you achieve a smooth, velvety texture as desired.
- Remove hummus from food processor and stir in cilantro. Refrigerate until serving time. Makes 12 servings (about 1 1/2 tablespoons each).
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 95
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 7 mg
- Fat: 4 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 12 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 4 g
Keywords: vegan hummus, hummus, jalapeno hummus
I love my Nutribullet for creating so many plant-powered foods, from smoothies to cashew cream and hummus! Get 15% off your order for Nutribullet products by clicking here.
For more plant-based hummus recipes, check out some of my favorites:
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information click here.